Friday, April 22, 2011

Holiday?

An enforced 'holiday'. I will end up doing housework all day. Because when I am not at my shop working (suddenly the work has come in - hallelujah) I will be forced to confront the other environment. And there is no other escape. No horses to speculate on, no trips to the mall which I loathe but mini-me adores. Thank goodness I remembered to buy a bottle of sav yesterday so at least when I have finished vacuuming, washing floors, windows, laundry, mowing lawns, weeding, cooking a roast (not a leg of break-the-bank lamb :-() sighing over my munted car after someone fell asleep behind the wheel of their van and left me with no choice but to go into the sea or take a hit, cleaning the oven (now I jest), I can reward myself. Best I get on.

9 comments:

Redbaiter said...

Lucky to be born in this day and age aren't you?

Back a 100 years ago and you would need to have done all that manually and had 14 kids as well. Might have done you some good actually.

Anonymous said...

I don't agree all the time with Red but there is no doubt that he livens up most situations.

Anonymous said...

Lindsay: Yours is the story of my life! About 4pm the wine in my cooler starts singing to me like the mythical sirens!

Cadwallader.
PS Red: In a 100 years from now what will housekeeping constitute?

Anonymous said...

A womans work is never done. If you feel the urge to be dangerous I suggest you bake some pikelets or a chocolate cake. These things often bring a woman back to her senses in moments of stress.

i remember xmas 2010 and spending $45 on a leg of lamb. The Dodge Ram never forgave me for my extravagance.

Dirk

Lindsay Mitchell said...

For you Dirk, I would bake a chocolate cake. The topside roast is smelling scrumptious having been slow-cooked all afternoon. And for my sins, the NZ TAB is taking races from Singapore tonight. Joy. That and American Idol I would unreservedly exchange for darning socks by candlelight and listening to father reading from the family bible.

James said...

Gee Red....feeling septic much?

Manolo said...

Lindsay, I wish my wife had the same attitude towards domestic chores. :-)

Medusa said...

Manolo, some men just hit it lucky, you either get a woman that keeps your house pristine, cooks like and angel and irons your shirts or you get one that doesn't do any of that. A plumber doing a job at our place was astounded to see me ironing and an apple pie on the bench just out of the oven.

Anonymous said...

Doing my bit for the enviroment I sold the Masport and bought a hand operated push job on special at Mitre10 for $78. Watching my wife struggling against the long grass i truley understand the meaning of sacrifice.

Dirk.