Wednesday, March 23, 2011

We've changed to TV3

Well, husband has. I don't fully engage with the telly in the mornings but Three's new News show, from what I see and hear, is a vast improvement on the simpering, magaziny, faux funny junk on One. TV One may have held their audience after the departure of Paul Henry, who was genuinely funny while still capable of delivering a serious, probing interview, but there was no alternative for morning viewers. Looks like One's Breakfast ratings will take a hit now.

7 comments:

Moist von Lipwig said...

What! You're going to forgo Petra's "100 different facial expressions in 60 seconds" show?

Kiwiwit said...

I find both networks so execrable that I wouldn't watch TV at all if I didn't have Sky.

FF said...

The new self-important breathless nasal delivery style affected by TV3 newsreaderettes, is symptomatic of how quickly bad ideas spread in this wired little country of ours.

Johnno said...

TV One's ratings appear to be holding quite well, but TV3's new show seems to be getting new viewers, rather than cannibalising the opposition.

Anonymous said...

Read the papers and dont get anything other than pissed off at the banal content.
Perhaps ignorance is bliss?

Dirk

Manolo said...

I have always hated news on TV, so no chance for me to watch either channel.

Mark Hubbard said...

Yes I've gone to TV 3 for news in the morning over breakfast: basically just delivers the news with no op-eding or mundane trying to reach out to the viewer as friend nonsense. I can't stand the TV 1 morning offering anymore.