Wednesday, November 03, 2010

I don't do Facebook

I don't do Facebook. Yes, it is a failure on my part to make the most of modern communication but I already spend too much time in front of the computer screen. During the 2008 election campaign a page was made for me so I have a presence there but have no idea how it all works. But I wanted to say thank you to those people who left happy birthday messages yesterday. I really appreciate it. I had a great day with dinner prepared (and only the oven needing turning on) by 9am, then some time in the sun with my daughter and other school kids learning how to hit a golf ball, and the rest with my rear end parked in front of the tele, my laptop on my knee and tuned into the TAB website. Bliss.

Back to work this morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're really not missing anything, just a bunch of 'friends' you've never actually met and know little about!

James said...

Lindsay...while anon has a point that yes you can attract people you don't know and couldn't care less about who's posts just clog your home page I would strongly recommend you give Facebook a real go....even for a short while.

Just as a means of having your welfare work and art get out to a far wider audience it would be so worth it for you.I have plugged your art blog a couple of times on there and others may have forwarded that on to others still.Whaleoil,David Farrar and Peter Cresswell,Roger Douglas and Rodney reach a lot of people via Facebook...you could too.

And the family contact and networking aspects are very worthwhile too...but do it on your terms.

Just get it set up and let it tick along at YOUR pace....don't accept every friend request from total strangers although you would attrach plenty of genuine ones I imagine.You can start a "Lindsay Mitchell: Artist" fan page thats seperate from your personal one.Get your kids to sort it out for you...thats what they are for. ;-)

Anonymous said...

The other thing is that it is addictive and a big time consumer, these political blogs take enough of my time, just reading them. Facebook is a good thing, but I believe it is often misused.