Tuesday, November 25, 2008

2 in 3 think new govt a "disaster waiting to happen"

Interesting Stuff poll;

The Maori Party and ACT have joined National to form a new Government. How do you feel about the left-centre-right coalition?

It's great to see (446 votes, 27.1%)

It's a disaster waiting to happen (1115 votes, 67.8%)

I don't know (83 votes, 5.0%)

Stuff polls are not scientific and reflect the opinions of only those internet users who have chosen to participate


This prompted me to examine my own expectations. As usual, being brutally honest, I am in the minority. I don't know. I am not overly optimistic that a lot can be achieved in respect of what I personally want to see. So no surprises there.

But I am surprised at the number of people who aren't just 'not overly optimistic' but down-right pessimistic.

How would you vote? Perhaps a fourth option would have been prudent. "To soon to tell".

8 comments:

Nigel Kearney said...

The most likely explanation is that the poll was sabotaged by someone setting up their computer to vote multiple times. Labour people do this to online polls quite often.

Lucy said...

I believe it will work. It is in all the parties concerned interest to make it work. There may be teething problems but with the good will displayed by all these will be sorted.

Murray said...

A "disaster waiting to happen" or the disaster that had happened and was happening repeatedly?

Still an easy choice.

Anonymous said...

"2 in 3 think new govt a "disaster waiting to happen""

And if it doesn't, who will they vote for next time?

Anonymous said...

I don't think its great but I do think with goodwill it can work out and last the distance...The poll clearly is at odds with both the election result and expressed Public Opinion.

Anonymous said...

My earlier comment:

"2 in 3 think new govt a "disaster waiting to happen""

"And if it doesn't, who will they vote for next time?"

...was supposed to mean "And if it doesn't turn into a disaster, who will they vote for next time?"

Anonymous said...

I'm just pissed off that a racially based party representing a minority of the population get so much representation. I would have liked to see John Key tell them to fuck off.

Anonymous said...

All online polls are CRAP. Avoid.