Saturday, August 02, 2008

What to do?

My usual modus operandi is ration and reason in all matters (excepting animals and alcohol). Hence when it comes to the All Blacks I do not get caught up in nationalistic fervour.

Last week I backed Australia to win because I fully expected them to with Robbie Deans behind them. Unfortunately the useless All Blacks not only lost, but lost by too much for me to collect.

So what to do today? The Wallabies again I think. But I'll stick with my original bet. By 12 points or less. Oh good. Last week they were paying $3.30. Now the dividend is up to $3.65

Here's hoping I don't end up barracking for the All Blacks to pull it back in the last minutes because they are trailing by too much.

And if I lose my bet the consolation is the All Blacks will have won. Which will make lots of other people happy and I like to see New Zealanders happy. A utilitarian outcome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame on you for betting against the Blacks :-) , although I must confess I've done the same twice over the last few years.

I reckon the ABs by 13+ (always the optimist!)

Anonymous said...

I always back the ABs, even when they don't win.

Brian Smaller