Saturday, November 17, 2007

This is news?

Fancy wanting to be a cutting-edge print-media journalist only to find yourself fossicking about in classroom rubbish bins for "shock-horror" stories.

And why is it always female researchers who bring us this absolute drivel?

I don't need "forcing" into seeing what my kids don't eat. They bring it home and it goes in MY bin. Perhaps I could sell the story of my rubbish bin to the Herald. No,no. What am I thinking. I'll go and tip it out myself, take a photo and blog it. My sitemeter will go through the roof!!

(I've got to go to cricket first though)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my day the first rule of taking your lunch to school was:

`don't take it home if you don't eat it'.

it was like the `Spanish Inquisition' as my mother tried to find out why i didn't eat something. Much easier to give it away or throw it out.

Even bigger strife if Fridays uneaten lunch wasn't found until Monday morning.

Kevin said...

Do the letters EEO mean anything to you?

Lindsay Mitchell said...

Kevin, I had to google it. I think I see your point.

Kevin said...

You can always cook the equal opportunity books by lowering standards.

Anyway I suspect its grant writing time at University.

There are 4.24 Million kiwis - if we declared that they each represent one of 2.24 oppressed minorities perhaps we could have egalitarianism back?