Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Dick Hubbard, you moron

The long-awaited Local Government Rates Inquiry came up with an idea Dick Hubbard likes;

He called for all the report's recommendations to be implemented and said the suggestion that rates be charged on government land including hospitals, schools and universities could mean an extra $25 million.

Translated; Let's find yet another way to screw the dough out of the productive.

Rates should remain the major source of local government revenue and there was no need for a new tax or a rates cap, it said.

The enquiry seems to have found there is a problem alright. The problem is the ratepayer hasn't got a bottomless pocket so let's have a crack at the taxpayers.
What a fiasco. What a joke.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the "unofficial" Labour candidate for you.

Sadly, people from other political parties also share Hubbard's view of the taxpayer as a bottomless source of funds.

Anonymous said...

Incidentally, against my better judgement I purchased one of the Dick's muesli packets three weeks ago, which was supposed to be toasted something or other with yoghurt raisins. In the entire packet there was not a single yoghurt raisin, nor was the packet toasted (or not that I could tell), indeed, as far as I could see I'd simply purchased a very expensive packet of rolled oats.

Thankfully I don't live in Auckland ... my if you ask me, instead of thinking up all the varied ways to take money off the ratepayers, the Dick should perhaps concentrate on the knitting back at'factory :)

Mark