Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Don Brash responds to Hager book

I am pleased to see Don Brash responding to Nicky Hager's book. It appalls me that Hager is profiting from stolen property.

When I was considering whether to stand in the 2005 election it was suggested to me that entering and emerging from politics would be like going through a shower of shit. I thought the person who made this observation to me was exaggerating but perhaps not.

My experience of having half of our hoardings stolen was trifling by comparison but it leaves a sordid and seedy taste. I hope Don Brash has had plenty of personal support over the last few weeks because he certainly deserves it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a pity that a really good man and the only bright light on our political horizon has been trashed like this. NZ is only the poorer for this.

Anonymous said...

I feel quite sick that the media have attacked Dr Brash right from the start. I'm not sure what they were afraid of, and I'm not sure if they feel proud of what they did - but I do know that they were not fair and impartial.

One thing that was amusing was the reaction in the media to the Orewa speech - after they discovered the public liked what Dr Brash said.
The coverage changed quite remarkably.

I just wish they would stick to the issues, and clearly define the difference between opinion and fact.