Thursday, September 21, 2006

Relationships

Not a subject area I would normally comment about but this is really important.

Don't try to change people. People who want and try to change their partner come unstuck.

Not long after I met my husband I knew that he was someone who I could live with, happily. Why? Because he just took me for what I was. Until I had experienced that I hadn't realised a heck of a lot of people don't.

Another point of advice in the article - if you are unhappy with your partner look at changing yourself. Strangely enough although he has never tried to change me, by positive endorsement and encouragement my husband has been probably the most constructive influence in my life.

Did I ever try to change him? No. He has a couple of faults but hey, if he can live with me I can certainly put up with them.

No comments: