Monday, August 07, 2006

Idol picks

In search of some mindless frivolity, I confess Sunday nights will always see me glued to a different screen - the TV. I love talent shows, waiting for that buzz when you hear something extraordinary. Have to say I haven't heard it yet from this year's NZ Idol crop. But I was impressed enough to vote for two entrants last night. These are my first two picks to make it into the top ten;

Lenken from Iraq. I kid you not. The crew did some filming of him at home with his Dad playing some middle-eastern stringed instrument. Didn't know the song he sang but he's got a talent for performing.

Clinton. Not from Iraq. Did, "Don't let the sun go down on me" credibly. Makes a change from all the warbling we usually get.

Good luck guys.

Update; Clinton through but Shock, Horror.... the public didn't vote for Lenken. So the judges rode to the rescue making it quite clear he should have been in the top three and giving him the "second chance" wildcard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd pick Clinton and Kali - I thought the judges were rather hard on Kali - she did a great version of Imagine.