Friday, July 21, 2006

Some Aussie state politics

Here's a brave Liberal tucked away in Victoria, Australia, Ted Bailleau. The current Conservative leader is Steve Bracks.

Running up to November state elections these are Bailleau's positions;

CONDOMS IN PRISONS

■ Baillieu wants the ban lifted; Bracks supports the ban.

ABORTION

■ Baillieu supports decriminalisation; Bracks supports the status quo.

VOLUNTARY EUTHANASIA

■ Baillieu advocates its introduction; Bracks does not.

CIVIL UNIONS FOR GAYS

■ Baillieu advocates the idea; Bracks does not.

POKER MACHINES

■ Baillieu wants a cut of at least 5000; Bracks supports the present cap of 30,000.

6 comments:

backin15 said...

Lindsay, if you ever get to parliament, and I think that's unlikely frankly, you'll have to produce evidence for your claims or statements. I think you'll find this a bit of a challenge.

Libertyscott said...

Steve Bracks is from the Australian Labor Party of course - so that is all very curious.

Lindsay Mitchell said...

Ah yes. conservative with a small c.
I should have googled Bracks but it wasn't him I was interested in.

backin15 said...

I think you'll find several other inaccuracies in your post...

Lindsay Mitchell said...

Well why don't you tell me what they are. Apart from my two opening sentences intended to give context, the rest of the post is a cut and paste from an article in The Age.

backin15 said...

Lindsay, there's more to the internet than online newspapers. Why not read a little more broadly?

It seems to me that you have a preference for simple and stark contrast.